Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hot toddys...........no ice hahaha

Wowza! Its cold, icy, rainy, snowy and nasty all around out there!  To all my friends who have to be out in it today, be careful, stay safe and get home safe and sound.  I myself was suppose to work today but it was to slick and I couldnt get out.  We started out with sleet, moved in to snow pellets and it is now pouring down ice.

Its only going to get worse, so to all my bar buddies....take care of yourselves out there. 

I decided to discuss a hot drink today to go along with the weather.  Hot toddys for everyone!  Same effect of alcohol but your nice and toasty warm on the inside.

Its 1 oz of brandy, whiskey or rum(your choice), 1 tbsp of honey, 1/4 lemon, a cup of hot water and a tea bag. 

Its right on for giving you the buzz your looking for and boostig that immune system for anyone catching something in this nasty weather.  Lemon and honey helps the throat.

When I was growing up my Mom and Dad made these all the time in the winter and when they had a cold and it really seemed to do the trick(the whiskey prolly helped with that).

They always had a bottle of whiskey handy just in case.  I think we all do. hehehe

So get home, build a fire, make your toddys, cuddle up with your snuggle buddy and ride out the storm. And if it so happens that there are quite a few new little buddys that are born in November.......we will all know why!

Tip of the day-coat the bottom of the glass with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment